Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Changes

Howdy ya'll. So, my second posting for March. Go me!

So, I was offered the job for North Kern. Yay! And I'm taking. Pros: I will be moving out (finally), it's a bit more likely to roll over to permanent than the county job, I think I'll be making a dollar to two dollars more than I am now, AND once I'm there, I'm there! No more drives to Ridgecrest 2 or more times a week! No side trips to Rosamond! No field trips to Palmdale or LittleRock! The only driving I have to worry about after that is getting OFF of work! Cons: I haven't been able to save extra money because life happens, I highly doubt I'll be able to move into my apartment right away, I will have to furlough since it's a state job, and I'll be on pins and needles budget wise the next 3 or 4 months at least. BUT (and here's the juicy part) I HAVE A JOB THAT I WON'T BE LEAVING IN 3 MONTHS!!!

In other news, I went to Shakespeare in Cal Poly. It wasn't the entire original cast, but honestly 2 outta 3 ain't bad at all. And I replaced my dvd which some family friends lost. They won't admit to it, but they did lose it. I lent it to them last November, and it is now March. On the eve of April. You can see why I'm justified.

My friend down south is doing fairly good. And my friend across the states seems to be doing okay too. Things are slowing down and being better, at least for a little bit. Word to the wise? Enjoy what you can, when you can. I'm feeling very lucky, and far more upbeat than I have in a while.

"Changes"-BaseBall Bear (Library War soundtrack)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

:D Well that's great!!!
I know you really wanted that job. Or rather, wanted A job... One that, like you said, you wouldn't leave in three months... Go you!!! *clap*
And you are SO right about enjoying what you have now.