Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Raise Your Glass

Shockingly enough, I almost posted last month!!! Like, last week or so! Then real life intervened, which prevented my doing so. Like, returning from Sacramento. A job interview. Staying at work until 1 in the morning.

Yes, you read that right. 1 in the frigging morning. And the worst part? It's not overtime-it's straight time, because of the holiday. Fan-TASTIC, right? :(

Anyway, I almost posted. That was my original point.

So, I went up north to visit my friend that was in the JET program. I got up there Tuesday and came back to Bakes on a Saturday. Almost a full week. We met up in Salinas, got food, and stayed up until about midnight. We stayed at an apartment of a friend's of hers. Wednesday we went to Karaoke in San Jose. Now, it wasn't American-style karaoke where you're in a bar (usually) and singing in front of a bunch of strangers. This was Japanese-style, where you and the group you were with rented a room and it was just you guys in there. I prefer Japanese-style, I've determined. And I rocked on "Chim Chim Cheree." Also, were you aware that the Jonas Brothers did a rock version of "Yo Ho Ho A Pirate's Life for Me?" I wasn't. It was surprisingly good.

Thursday was shopping-with-the-grandmother day. I have a renewed understanding of why she does some things and refuses to do others. Later that night we played games with some of her friends from the bay area. Friday we went to Berkley and met up with another friend of ours, and had dinner with her grandmother that night. ON Saturday I came back, like I said. The earliest we went to bed all week was 1 or 1:30, and the latest we got up was 9 or 9:30. Exhausting? Yes. Cram a full week into half of one? Yes. Totally awesome? Yes.

This past month (February) I went back up north to visit another friend. Got up there Wednesday night and came back Monday afternoon (President's weekend). We saw "Number Four," which wasn't too bad. My phone dropped out of my pocket so I had to go back to the theatre, but it has been safely recovered. My friend accused me of overthinking the movie, which is fair. I tend to do that more often than not. We also went to a couple different places that sell tea. One of them was just a shop, but the other was an actual place where they serve 'high tea' and 'dinner with tea.' It was really nice. We also hit downtown...folsom, I think?...and raided the antique stores. We both got a couple things, but I found this really awesome dragon pendant. It's two dragons (Asian style) intertwined, but facing out. Most dragons that are intertwined are facing in, so I was stoked to find this. Other than that, we vegged out on Castle and Korean dramas. Couple tv series, and a couple movies. Had an awesome time there, too. :D

You can see a trend here, right? If I'm going to have fun, I do. Most of the time. That's it for now. Maybe I'll get inspired and come back to blog this month. *ignores the sound of laughter in the background*

Raise Your Glass-Pink

No comments: