Sunday, July 3, 2011

Yankee Doodle Dandy

Happy Independence Day!!!

So, another month-by-month play:

April-Went to see my cousin graduate from chiropractor school. Kinda cool to have a doctor in the family. My term at work was also extended until June, so yay me! (more on that later). And I celebrated one year at my apartment with a movie. I also celebrated the first time I've held a full-time job for a year. Any jobs that I've held for that length of time were part-time, and any full-time jobs I've held never lasted longer than 7 months. So, I had two drinks...because one just wasn't going to cut it. And I think this was also when a good family friend of ours moved away. Not just out of city, out of state. :( His party was a good one, but still...I'm hoping to go see him in December. I also got new tires (finally!!).

May-um...major event for this month was my cousin's graduation party. Like, full-on formal Las Vegas party, which was a blast. A friend of ours in Tehachapi came to Bakes to do our hair. 'Our hair' included mine, my mom's, both of my aunts, and my aunt's neighbor. We looked beautiful. At the beginnning of the month, we all went shopping for dresses, and almost all ended up with purple. My aunt that was throwing the party did a black dress, but the rest of us ended up in different shades of purple. My best friend and her fiancee came down for the night, along with her brother. I have to say, I probably should've socialized more, but I was too busy having a blast with them to really worry about it. Unfortunately, I also had a few really horrible days at work. The only time I took off was the holiday, Memorial Day, and a Friday because my car died. I had to replace the battery, and figured I may as well get it serviced at the same time.

June-Well, some more things started happening. I got to go see my best friend down south, over Father's Day, and had a great time. I was made a permanent employee of the state as of June 1st, which meant I could stop biting my nails over whether or not I would continue to be employed, and I switched to regular hours. Trust me, when I had this good news within the same day I had to keep myself from dancing out of the office. To top it off, I had an interview at CCI last Thursday, and felt pretty good about it. Felt even better because it was payday and I was heading to Avila the next day. Which is where I'm updating this from, because Dinosaur Park is just that awesome for fireworks shows.

Now, movie talk. I knew a couple of years ago when I saw IMDBs list of upcoming movies that I was probably going to be broke (more than usual) at the movies this year. I was right. I I caught 'Green Lantern' while I was down south (at the drive-in, no less). Back in Bakes, I saw 'Kung Fu Panda 2', which I loved as much as the first one. That one I saw with my dr. cousin and my aunt. Finally, I saw 'Thor,' which was enjoyable. Black jeans with those abs? Yummy. Now, what's coming up? I'm probably gonna saw 'Cars 2' this week with my parents. The last Harry Potter is coming out, which I'll more than likely see. Out of principle, if nothing else. And of course, Captain America. I'm seriously considering catching a midnight showing for it, but we'll see what my bank account looks like. And that's just this month-I don't even know what the rest of the year looks like.

Well, enjoy the weekend. Or week, or whatever. Have a drink, say a prayer, wave the tv remote, whatever you do, to celebrate the day.

Yankee Doodle Dandy-traditonal folk song

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yeay secure job!! :D That's GREAT! Stability is a good thing, so I've heard. Glad to hear you're hangin in there! :D